Saturday, January 26, 2008

It's late and there isn't much on.

I have a routine.

I go to bed between 10 and 11, 9:30 if I'm lucky. The only problem is that I don't fall asleep right away. I watch TV. Lots and lots of TV.

Right before we moved I put up a little fight and was able to get DRV in my bedroom. I know this sounds extravagant and I can justify it by saying that there are shows my husband refuses to watch, but that would be a waste of time and not totally true.

Usually I get caught up on the "Chelsea Lately" from the previous night. I fuckin' love that show. She has my dream job. I'd never be able to be nearly as funny, thin or tall as she is, but a girl can dream, right? I love her side kick, Chewy. Their dynamic is hysterical. The way she just throws PC to the wind and teases him about being a midget kills me. I love anyone willing to be un-PC in a funny way.

Once a week I watch the "Soup". Love love love this show. It totally gets me off.

I've been trying to finish the "Real Word" at night. I have two episodes left. I have a strong feeling that when they are over I'll be dedicating an entire blog to that show.

Another regular is the weekly broadcast of the "Girls Next Door. Holy. Shit. I never thought in my life I'd like these girls, but they are so endearing and totally hot. The show is never groundbreaking, but it's the kind of entertainment numbness a girl needs before falling asleep.

Then there are shows that I'll watch once I take my glasses off and start trying to fall asleep. Shows I can just listen to that I don't really need to see to know what's going on.

Steven Colbert and John Stewart. I know I know. I should pay more attention, but the thing is that I can just listen to these shows and I don't really need to see what is going on. And hell, if I doze off, I can always replay it the next night.

Real Time with Bill Mahar - Again, I can just listen to it and not need to see it.

E! News - Oh the shame.

Finally I fall asleep. By time Chris comes to bed he ALWAYS turns the TV off. If I'm not in a deep sleep I will incoherently insist I was watching whatever is on.

It's a pretty dope routine I've been rockin out.

4 comments:

Mike said...

I wish I had a TV in my bedroom. I would probably never get out of bed if I did.

Shannon said...

Girls Next Door. I thought it was just me. Don't know why I like it, but I'm hooked!

KlevaBich said...

You people are nuts. Girls Next Door is nauseating!

I'm terribly disappointed. Stunned. Heartbroken. Fahklempt.

Talk amongst yourselves...

Elisabet said...

The only reason why I'm even thinking about putting a tv in the bedroom is to watch the late hockey games. If they played year around, it would be slap shot through the 5 hole.