Friday, January 25, 2008

Tag! Yo!

Since I've been out of town I have yet to get caught up on the DVR. I think it's about about 74% full so I better take care of that this weekkend.

I decided to post this tag blog instead....

The rules in this game of tag are simple -- once you have been tagged, you must write a blog with ten weird, random things, little known facts or habits about yourself. At the end choose 10 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you've been tagged' and tell them to read your latest blog. Since you can't tag me back.. let me know when you've posted your blog so I can see it.

These are so hard for me to do without repeating ones everyone already knows. My life is an open book and I'm pretty vocal about things.... but here goes.

1. You know how much I love candy, right? Well, I hate twizzlers! Hate hate hate them. I wouldn't eat them if they were the last sweet thing in the house and I had had a bad bad bad day. They are THAT gross to me.

2. I never grocery shop. I never go to the store specifically to fill my cart with things that will get me through the week. Basically I just buy what we need for one or two evenings. It's not even close to economical, but it saves me a lot of time since the grocery store is very convenient for me.

3. There are two words that I can't say and I avoid saying them at all costs. 1. Hors d'oeuvre and 2. Filet Mignon. Chris has spent countless hours trying to get me to say them right, it's ain't happening so I just don't use them.

4. I hate with a burning passion the music my husband listens to. He loves Techno. It sickens me. And by "sickens" I mean I can easily become physically ill listening to it.

5. I have a relationship with a group of girlfriends that's impossible to explain. They've kept me sane when I thought it was impossible and every day I try to be a better friend to them because they inspire me and make me want to be a better person. I'll just leave it at that!

6. This is really gross and I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I've started what I like to call the "sickly sweet" routine. I've started being really sweet with customers at work. Not to say I haven't always been nice, it's just that now I've been working on "reading" my customers better. Some want "all business" and some want "sickly sweet". Judge if you want, but it works.

7. I have one bedroom in our new house that is full of boxes yet to be unpacked. That's a lie. I have two rooms full of boxes that have yet to be unpacked and my back porch has a pile of empty boxes. We've lived here three months. Must do that this weekend.

8. I have to think about "then" and "than" whenever I type them. AND I still get it wrong. Sad. I worry about spelling errors, grammar and punctuation A LOT. It's never been something I'm good at.

9. I know NOTHING about Indie, underground or unknown musical artists. Most of the "new" music exposure I get is from the radio and sadly I have not listened to the radio much since 1997. You can tell what decade I'm stuck in.

10. I've developed a big problem recently. It turns out I obsessively give "fist pumps" or "pounds" when I'm drunk.

That's it. That's all the dirty laundry/unusual facts you are getting for tonight.

I have no idea how many of you are reading this blog. So consider yourself tagged if you do. Let me know if you post something. )

3 comments:

Mike said...

Regarding number 7: We've lived in this house for almost 14 years now. We still have boxes to unpack. My guess is that they will never be unpacked and we probably have no need for whatever is in them.

The Lady in Red said...

I love you, too, hooker! Then = next. It's a time reference. I went to the store, THEN I went home. Than = option. I would rather claw my eye balls out with a rusty spoon THAN listen to Celine Dion.

Grandmaster B said...

Dude, I just stumbled across this page randomly, and I freaking love it and will check back often. Well done on saying what you think without filtering it. I just get a kick out of your writing. Keep up the good work!
I caught the tag (that sounds like an STD), and will keep it going on MySpace. Look me up- "Bentley Richards"
Peace, yo.